Friday, August 16, 2013

Throwing Caution to the Wind

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8


Are you listening or just hearing? For a long time I heard what God was trying to say but I didn't want to listen because what I was hearing didn't match up with my plans or the goals I had for myself. I was trying to control my life by carefully weighing all options and in most cases, not doing a thing because I couldn't decide which option was best. Last Sunday I finally allowed myself to listen to how God was advising me and decided to obey and walk by faith. Pastor David Daniels said that if there is not an element of risk in the way we are living our lives, we are not walking by faith. That moment I decided to loosen my grip on the things of this world and all I was trying to control and calculate, and simply walk by faith through the door that God had opened for me. You can here the whole pep talk, I mean sermon here. Today was my last day as a LivingSocial employee and I'm going to miss my job, my team and all my co-workers dearly and although I do not know what's going to happen in this next chapter of my life, I do know that I'm receiving the reward of knowing what it feels like to depend on God and God alone. I'm letting go of my fear, letting go of my pride, letting go of the grip I had so tightly around what was comfortable, and I'm stepping out and saying, "God, what's next? Use me. Guide me."

God opened a door and I walked through it. I have no idea how this story ends but God does, and He's smiling, so I will too! Now, let me ask you what was asked to me on Sunday: What would you do today if you knew God was in it and there was a great chance for success?

Thank you to all who have encouraged me this past week and spoke truth into my life. I love you all! Thank you, Joey for all of your love and support. I can't wait to simply be your wife and the mother of your children. I love you, I love us! Thank you LivingSocial for a tremendous two and a half years!

No comments:

Post a Comment