Bear with me, this is how my mind works The other night Taggart kept asking to "see my diamonds" (my wedding rings). I told him "no, no, no" and then finally after continued asking I agreed and told him "if you sit right beside me". As he was looking at and trying on "my diamonds" the nerd in me came out and I started thinking about how long these former chunks of coal were enduring immense pressure to finally become "my diamonds". Then I thought about all the struggles, pain and pressure we endure in this world. Just like pressure is necessary to transform coal into a diamond, our struggles are necessary and are used for God's glory. He allows heartache so that we, through turning to Him for strength, transform from dull, common lumps of coal to bright, shining diamonds. Shine on!
"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
No comments:
Post a Comment