Monday, August 19, 2013

God Hears Our Prayers

As Taggart and I left Elijah's graveside he said "Bye baby brother, I love you." like he always does and I cried like I always do. But this time Taggart said something that he never had before. Here's the conversation we had:

T: Mommy, it's ok, you don't have to cry. Eli is in heaven with Jesus.
Me: I know he is, honey. Mommy just misses him a whole bunch.
T: You know you will get to see Eli when you get to heaven. He will come up to you with all the other babies and say "Will you pick me up and hold me, mommy?".
Me: Sweetie, I can't wait to hold him.
T: He can't wait either.

Taggart didn't know that moments before he tried to make me feel better I had said a silent prayer asking God to lift me up and hold me in His arms - I miss my baby boy and I needed to feel God's love. Today, God showed me His love through the innocent words of a precious almost 3 year old little boy. My prayer was answered immediately.


Friends, I learned a lesson from Taggart today. Our words can be blessings to others! When your spiritual gut tells you to say something - say it! When it tells you to do something - do it! God may be trying to use you to deliver an answer to someone's prayer.

As for "all the other babies" that I get to meet when I get to heaven. Mommas, if I get there before you, know that I'll pick them all up and let them know how much they are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment