The 25th and today, the 19th, are tough days for me. They are the dates Elijah entered and departed this world. Today is a sad reminder of my precious son but as I opened my Bible this morning, I was met with a beautiful reminder that my troubles today (however long "today" is) are temporary and instead of getting caught up and lost in despair because of them, I'm called to fix my eyes on the unseen - on God - on my eternal life that is to come. What I see and feel today is temporary but what awaits me in heaven is forever! Knowing this and receiving this reminder today does not make everything better. Missing Elijah still stings and I know it always will but leaning on, trusting in and being confident in God when challenges come about will help me find peace in this temporary world.
When things get tough we want to rely on our own understanding of the situation but God has told us we are unable to comprehend what He's up to. Our vision and understanding is severely limited compared to His - we see today, He see's and knows each day of our lives - I mean, He PLANNED each of them INTENTIONALLY! We have every reason to confidently trust in Him. He is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and is fully in charge of every aspect of our lives - good and bad. Our troubles yesterday, today and tomorrow (yes, we will have troubles tomorrow) are all part of His majestic master plan and they are achieving an eternal Glory that far outweighs them all! Embrace them, thank Him and glorify Him by lifting your hands up and surrendering to His plan and living it out joyfully.
Proverbs 3:5, Hebrews 2:10, 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

No comments:
Post a Comment